Wednesday, November 5, 2008

mask


everyday, I wake up from my slumber, go the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face and then back to my room..I start changing into my daily clothes while thinking about this day ahead of me..all the chores waiting for me, all these peoples I need to meet, all the things I need to do..just then, I put on the 'mask'..
this mask is not like the one you can buy in the shop or like anything you saw in a masquarade..this mask is made from a layer of skin which really is my face..this mask can talk, laugh and keep smiling through out the day..it is as lively as any other faces u seen or have yet it is just a mask..
the reason I call it a mask, because it serves that function really well..keeping my real expression hidden underneath it so nobody will notice what my feeling is actually at that time..people will blame me for acting this way..some might even says that I'm being hyphocrite..but I'm not doing this for my own gain..it's for their own good I tell you..I mean people cannot ussualy stand to be asking for help from someone with a bored and gloomy face..they'll feel like they are much inferior to this kind of people if it is them they are asking for a favour from..it's nobody fault..really..it's just the way a human is..
I got a few other masks which I wear when the time needed..a sad mask for a teary occassion, a straight faced mask in a serious event and even an innocent-guilty looking mask which I use when avoiding conflict with others..sometimes I even make a special mask for special circumstances example loving looking during a date, a concern look for an unfortunate event and more..yet, all of them are just used to hide my real, hollow looking face..cause of the intense boredom which I suffered..
other people also have their own mask..I presume this, especially actors, celebrities and politicians must all had a dark side which they can never shown to public..I understand even normal people have to fake their expressions once in a while also..that is a gift which they should not have to begin with..because from there, lies, betrayal, hate, jealousy, greed, gluttony, sloth and pride were born into human..with just a mere hope, they must cling thightly to continue on surviving their brief lifespan..if only they couldn't use this mask, the world would have been an even better place for them..
althought, it will be the same for me..always had been and always to come..

2 comments:

F. Hanim M. on January 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM said...

yeah..i know...

dark_eky on January 19, 2009 at 3:18 PM said...

same problem with everybody..

 

Eky's Journalism =P Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template