Monday, February 23, 2009

Once Upon A Time in Putrajaya..


Last weekend, me and a bunch of my friends went to Putrajaya to participate in a futsal tournament..it was my first time entering an event of this kind actually..in the past, I only play soccer or futsal inside my institute in the evening or if there are closed tournament held by the student's group..anyway, since it was my first time I ever joining, I felt surged by all king of emotions althought I didn't show any of it on the outside..I was thrilled, excited at the fact that I'm playing in an open game..I'm scared, anxious for not having much skills and experiences in the game..I'm sad since I couldn't play with the volleyball team since both match started on the same day..I'm happy, glad because I'm there with a bunch of friends who had faith in me..
the competitions was held for 2 days, saturday and sunday..since about 48 teams entered the tournament, the 1st day was given for thegroup match..there was 3 teams inside each group which mean only 1 team from each group will need to be taken out of the match..our team had to wait for a long time until our turn arrives..and to my amazement, we had 2 complete victory for every match that day..I couldn'tbelieve it when I first set my eyes toward the other teams we had to face..mostly they had a better built-body than me and seems much more skilled with the ball than me, again..but I refuse to give in to the fact of my incompetency and tried to perform my best during each game we played..with the help of my fellow team members, we succeded in the 1st round as a group champion..not too shabby..
on to the next day..we had a much tougher opponents that day..during the 1st match, my shoes gave up on me on the second half of the game..this rendered me unable to play since I didn't bring any spares one..even so, we had already taken the lead during the 1st half and manage to maintain the momentum through out the game..it was during the best 16 match that our journey was finally halted..it was a pity really..early in the game we manage to scored one goal and taken the lead yet again..but we couldn't maintain that lead and when the final whistle blow we were beaten 3-1..still, it was unexpected for us to last this long in the match..I had a pleasent experience all the way till the end..many thanks to all my mates..it was fun playing along side them all..
hehehe ^^

2 comments:

Mustakim Ahmad on February 23, 2009 at 10:34 PM said...

hahahaha...credit to ur captain also ea...nway..we've given our best...the best team ever i have played...hehehe..congrats..feel sorry for your shoes...

dark_eky on February 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM said...

it had been too long anyway..
ussually my shoes worn out after half a year of service..
hehehe..=)
ok la, taichou..

 

Eky's Journalism =P Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template